Updated: March 27, 2021
Effective March 27, 2021
Vendr will maintain reasonable and appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the confidentiality and integrity of its processing systems and the Sites. Upon becoming aware of any incident or breach (“Security Breach”) relating to the security of your Personal Data, Vendr will promptly notify you and will provide information as it becomes known or as is reasonably requested by you. Vendr will also take commercially reasonable steps to mitigate and, where possible, remedy the effects of, any Security Breach. Vendr will provide reasonable assistance to you, at your expense, in the event you are required by Applicable Laws to notify a supervisory authority or any data subjects of a security incident or breach.
Vendr will provide reasonable cooperation to you (at your expense) as needed to fulfill compliance obligations under Applicable Laws, to assist you with your own data protection compliance obligations, such as performing data protection impact assessments or participating in prior consultations with supervising authorities or other competent data privacy authorities. Vendr will also provide reasonable assistance to you (at your expense) to comply with any obligation arising from any request to exercise the rights of a data subject that may be applicable, and will in a timely manner execute data handling requests related to written contractual agreements executed between you and Vendr, such as file transfer and deletion requests.
Any questions pertaining to our privacy and security controls may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1.3 Personal Data of Others
1.4 Account Registration
1.5 Proprietary Rights
The trademarks, service marks, logos, and domain names referenced on the Sites are either common-law service marks or trademarks, or registered service marks or trademarks of Vendr (collectively, the “Marks”) and are protected by Applicable Laws. Other names of actual companies and products mentioned on the Sites may be the trademarks of their respective owners and reference to them does not suggest sponsorship, endorsement, or association with Vendr, other than that they may have been given access to the Sites and the Online Community. No logo, graphic, sound, or image from the Sites may be copied or re-transmitted unless expressly permitted in writing by Vendr. Nothing contained on the Sites should be construed as granting any license or right to use any of Vendr’s Marks or its affiliates’ or suppliers’ trade names, trademarks or service marks without Vendr’s express prior written consent in each instance.
1.6 Copyright Infringement Claims
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials found on the Sites infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send Vendr a notice requesting that Vendr remove the material. If you believe in good faith that someone has wrongly filed a notice of copyright infringement against you, the DMCA permits you to send Vendr a counter-notice. Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA. See https://www.copyright.gov/ for details. Vendr suggests that you consult legal counsel before filing a notice or counter-notice. Notices and counter-notices should be sent to:
Attention: Legal Department
501 Boylston Street, 10th Floor
Boston, MA 02116
1.8 Online Community Conduct
1.10 Termination of Use
Vendr may, in its sole discretion, at any time discontinue providing or limit access to the Sites, any areas of the Sites, or Content provided on or through the Sites. Furthermore, we may terminate or limit your access to or use of the Sites if we determine, in our sole discretion, that you have infringed the copyrights of a third party or otherwise violated Applicable Laws. You agree that Vendr shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination or limitation of your access to, or use of, the Sites or any Content, including Content that you may have Shared.
1.11 Third-Party Websites, Content, Products and Services
The Sites may provide links to websites and access to content, products, and services of third parties, and such third-party websites, content, products, or services are governed by the respective third party’s website terms and conditions of use. Vendr is not responsible for third-party content provided on or through the Sites, or for any changes or updates to such third-party content. Any interactions you have with these linked websites, content, products, and services are beyond the control of Vendr, and you bear all risks associated with your access to, and use of, such third-party websites, content, products and services.
EXCEPT WHERE EXPRESSLY PROVIDED OTHERWISE, THE SITES, AND ALL CONTENT PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE SITES, ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. VENDR EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT WITH RESPECT TO THE SITES AND ALL CONTENT PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE SITES. VENDR MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT: (A) THE SITES OR CONTENT WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR RUN PROPERLY ON ANY HARDWARE; (B) THE SITES WILL BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE BASIS; (C) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SITES OR ANY CONTENT PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE SITES WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; OR (D) THE QUALITY OF ANY CONTENT AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SITES WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS. ANY CONTENT ACCESSED, DOWNLOADED, OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED ON OR THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITES IS USED AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK. VENDR SHALL HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OR USE OF CONTENT. VENDR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE CHANGES OR UPDATES TO, AND MONITOR THE USE OF, THE SITES AND CONTENT PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE SITES AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE.
1.13 Limitation of Liability
1.14 Export Restrictions/Legal Compliance
You may not access, download, use or export the Sites, or the Content provided on or through the Sites, in violation of U.S. export laws or regulations, or in violation of any other applicable laws or regulations. You agree to comply with all Applicable Laws of any United States or applicable agency or authority, and to not directly or indirectly provide or otherwise make available any services and products of Vendr, including access to the Sites, in violation of any such Applicable Laws.
1.15 Entire Agreement; Waiver and Severability
1.16 Governing Law; Venue
Vendr Community Guidelines
Last updated: May 23, 2023
Vendr’s Services include places for Vendr and our users to share data, insights, and other information and Content. You may Make Available certain Content to the boards and forums of the Services, but must respect the rights and dignity of others while doing so. These Community Guidelines govern the use of the Services by you and other users with the goal of keeping the Services a safe, effective, and professional space, and are incorporated into the Vendr Terms of Service by reference. All capitalized terms in these Community Guidelines shall have the meaning given to them in the Terms of Service. If you do not accept and agree to these Community Guidelines or the Terms of Service, you may not use the Services.
- Illegal Conduct. You agree that in your use of the Services and Making Available Content, you shall not breach any third-party agreement or any applicable laws, rules, regulations, or ordinances, including without limitation data privacy laws and export control laws (together “Applicable Laws”). Before Sharing any Content that is protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, or other proprietary right, you shall obtain the express prior consent of the owner of such right. By Making Available any Content through the Services, you represent that you have all rights necessary to Make Available such Content and take full responsibility for such Content.
- Truthfulness and Relevance. You agree that all Content that you Make Available to the Services is truthful and reflects your actual experiences and honest opinions. You shall not Make Available Content that is or may be false, misleading, inaccurate, defamatory, fraudulent, or misinformative. You agree not to engage in content manipulation. You agree not to imply that Vendr endorses any statement you make or any product or service that you or your organization may make available to your customers. You shall only Make Available Content that is relevant to the Services and any Site page, message board, or forum to which you are sharing.
- While you are not required to disclose your identity to other users of the Services, you agree not to use the Services to impersonate any person or to claim to be anyone other than who you are or to create false impressions about your identity, your business, your employer, or any other affiliation. You must provide truthful information to Vendr when creating your Account. You shall not Make Available Content from multiple accounts or make multiple anonymous posts for the purpose of harassing or threatening others, discriminating, promoting an idea or creating the illusion that multiple parties support an idea.
- Other Users. You agree to respect the privacy of other users. You shall not reveal, or threaten to reveal, any other user’s identity, personal information, or sensitive information. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other users of the Services and any other party whom you may interact with through the Services.
- Violent and Harassing Activity. You agree not to use the Services in any way that harms, threatens, or incites threats against the physical safety of any person or organization. You agree not to harass, intimidate, bully, silence, degrade, shame, or use hateful or abusive language against any person or organization in your use of the Services. You shall not Make Available any Content that disparages any person (or by association any organization) for their actual or perceived race, ethnicity, national origin, caste, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, age, or disability status. You will not Make Available any Content that supports or promotes dangerous or violent individuals or groups.
- Paid Content. You shall not use the Services for commercial purposes including to Make Available any Content for which you have been paid or received any benefit (such as monetary payment, employment, free products or services, or other value). You agree not to engage in unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” investment schemes, or any other form of solicitation
- Inappropriate Activity. The Services provide a professional environment, and all users are expected to act professionally. You agree not to Make Available any Content that is sexual in nature, constitutes an inappropriate advance, innuendo, or request for romantic relationship. You agree not to Make Available any shocking, obscene, indecent or otherwise objectionable Content.
- Cheating and Hacking. You agree that you will not use cheats, exploits, automation software, bots, hacks, mods or any unauthorized software designed to modify or interfere with the Services or otherwise interfere with or damage the Services, including, without limitation, through the use of viruses, cancel bots, Trojan horses, harmful code, flood pings, denial-of-service attacks, spyware, packet or IP spoofing, forged routing or electronic mail address information, or similar methods or technology. You shall not disrupt, overburden, or aid or assist in the disruption or overburdening of: (i) any computer or server used to offer or support the Services; or (ii) the enjoyment of the Services by any other person.
- Data Collection and Automated Use. You agree not to harvest or collect personal data about other users of the Services or to systematically retrieve data or other Content from the Services or other Vendr properties to create or compile, directly or indirectly, in single or multiple downloads, a collection, compilation, database, directory or the like, whether by manual methods or through the use of bots, crawlers, spiders, or otherwise. You shall not make any automated use of the Services or bypass any robot exclusion headers or measures.